Thursday, November 29, 2007

Truth

I saw this post over at Lisa's blog and was very confused. What was she talking about?

But, intrigued, I clicked on the links.
here and here and here.

I can't resist anything that combines fun, liberal views, science, and an internet google bomb. Here are mine: (italics are added)

1. Cigarettes are VERY bad for you

2. Men and Women are equal. In their own way.

3. Global Warming is real, and (by the way) it’s all our fault.

4. It’s not all relative.

5. Gin is better than Whiskey. Whiskey is better than Gin. Both are pretty bad

6. Intelligent Design might be wrong.

7. Over consumption is a serious problem.

8. The Millennium Development Goals are worthy. (Those are actually something worth linking to.)

9. Wilco is good, sometimes exceptional, but often inconsequential. But they are from the Midwest, so we listen anyway.

10. Sh*t happens (ditto for sex and death).

11. Creationism is silly to be asking about in presidential debates. (also, see 6)

12. SUV’s are just stupid.

13. The truth is worth more than an iPod.

14. On the whole, disorder increases. Every day, at our house.

15. Science, for better or for worse, is all around.

I wish the folks over at The Science Creative Quarterly the best of luck in their experiment with the truth. Most of my favorite people in the world are quirky-science-types, so I'm glad to help.

1 comment:

LisaS said...

I love SCQ! I just discovered it this week, but it's so tasty!!!!

I couldn't go with some of the entries-the SUV thing, for example, would hurt my sister's feelings, and I really think they have their time/place: summertime, next to the riverbank, with a canoe on top.