Friday, November 2, 2007

bugs

Son D goes to a home daycare once a week, while I go off to earn a meager living. This week, he was the ONLY child at the entire daycare who did not get a horrid stomach bug that involves copious amounts of vomiting and diarrhea. As I picked him up yesterday, yet another child was vomiting. (Leading to the fastest daycare pick-up in the history of time.)

I have become a hand-washing drill sergeant. Every three minutes, I bellow "Everyone! To the sink! Wash your Hands!" I'm rubbing tea-tree oil on anyone who stands still. (No, I have no idea if it really works to boost immunity, but it SMELLS like it does. That's good enough for me.)

Today, we are going to a neighborhood birthday party. Most of the kids who will be there are those who fell ill this week.

What are my chances of making it through the weekend without vomiting and diarrhea?

'tis the season, I suppose.

EDITED:
Barfing stared at 2 pm (including 3 times in the car! fun!) and is occurring approx. every 20 minutes.

Diarrhea came at 4 pm.

My dear husband is in China.

I have a huge proposal for work due at 5 pm. Had to cancel the sitter I had arranged so I could work all afternoon....

I sit at my computer and type furiously for 15 minutes, and then run to get barfed on, clean up, head back to the computer for furious typing. Repeat.

This has not been my most fun day ever. Back to the work typing.

1 comment:

Vicki aka Diva Mom said...

Oh no! That blows! (Sorry, couldn't resist the puke pun.) Wish I lived closer and could help!