Monday, February 11, 2008

Ginger Ale

Son D. got a stomach bug on Friday night and was up all night vomiting, poor kid. But it was gone within 24 hours, so we assumed it was something he ate.

At 2 pm yesterday, I kissed my husband goodbye as he left for a short business trip to sunny CA.

At 6 pm yesterday, I started feeling horribly ill. By 8 pm, I was throwing up like there was no tomorrow. I left lots of messages on the husband's iPhone - hoping to get some sympathy when he landed.

Instead of sympathy, I got empathy. He was struck by this nasty virus at about the same time as I was. Except he was on an airplane. (shudder)

We talked on and off for the next 24 hours. I am convinced that he has it worse - he insists I do. (being in a hotel vs. watching 2 kids...what is harder to do while throwing up?)

Last night, I was lying in bed in complete misery -- My abs aching from all the vomiting, my throat hoarse, waves of nausea attacking every few minutes. He was the same.

I suspect that our valentines celebrations this year will be more saltines & ginger ale than chocolates & champagne.

And I still think he had it worse. Sure, I had the kids, but do you know what I served them for breakfast today? Saltines and Ginger Ale.

4 comments:

LisaS said...

ugh. the description makes me ache. hope you're feeling better?

and I think you're right, D's got it worse ... stomach virus on a jetliner? with the grumpy, unsympathetic flight attendants? that may very well trump children.

landismom said...

Yuck. My kids had this for like five days last month. Not fun.

Hope it ends for you sooner.

Vicki aka Diva Mom said...

Oh no. I can't deal with puke. From me, the boys, DH... sooo can't deal.

Hope all are well ASAP!

Unknown said...

Ugh. So sorry. Note to Spring - PLEASE COME NOW!