Friday, March 14, 2008

Out of the Loop

One consequence of being sequestered in the house for a week with two very sick children is that I am completely oblivious to what is going on in the world. I haven't had time to read the paper, watch the news, surf the political blogs until today.

I was on a news site and an ad popped up. It said, "K...(my first name)" - "Find out more about her"

I thought, "gee, those cookies are getting more sophisticated, if they know my name."

I clicked through and learned that the "K...." in question is a highly paid prostitute. Not me. And that the Gov. of New York is no longer in power.

wow. missed that one.

If I were a psychologist, I would study why people in power publicly come out so strongly in judgment against that which they are doing themselves. Spitzer and prostitutes. Craig and homosexuality. And that Senator IM'ing with the interns. (whose name escapes me because I haven't slept in 6 days...)

It makes me wonder...

-Is Tom Cruise popping anti-depressants on the sly?
-Is Lou Dobbs madly in love with his illegal-immigrant housekeeper?
-Does Steve Jobs love to play Guitar Hero on his X-box when no one is looking?
-Does Bill O'Reilly secretly yearn to be a fact-checker?

No comments: